Brandon Routh's Superman in Superman Returns said to Lois,"You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, but every day I hear people crying for one.". When I heard that, I almost yelled out in the crowded cinema,"WHAT THE FUCK?!". Where the hell does Superman get off claiming to be our savior?! I've got a bit of a God Complex, too, but this is ridiculous! When did Superman become so narcissistic?!
Some people will say,"Hey, with his powers, it's hard not to think of yourself as a god.". Sure, if you were anybody else. But we're not talking about anybody else, we're talking about frikkin' SUPERMAN here! He was raised by 2 HUMBLE farmers. Either Martha & Jonathan Kent failed as parents to teach Clark humility or it was truly their intention to raise Clark...as a FARM GOD! And if so, is this how children are typically raised in Smallville, Kansas?! Do parents go about telling their children in a godlike booming voice,"You are a farmer. It is your responsibility to lead these weaker, misguided city folk towards the light."? I DON'T THINK SO! Now, some will say, it was that arrogant bastard Jor-El who misled Clark into thinking that he was the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. So what? Clark just UNLEARNED everything Martha & Jonathan taught him?! They frikkin' RAISED him! They had him most of his life! Jor-El had him for a couple of hours, at the most!
Batman in the Public Enemies comic book said it best,"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then... he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him.".
This, THIS is the Superman I know! This Superman NEVER ever even thought of himself as a god! And that is what made Superman so different from all other superheroes. He truly believes that he is one of us! All he's ever done his entire life is try to fit in! Ever since his youth in Smallville and even now. He has never thought of himself as anything better than us. He's a simple country farm boy working as a mild mannered news reporter.
Hollywood movie writers seem to have forgotten this simple fact: Martha & Jonathan Kent were simple people. Superman is a simple man. He just wants to help. He doesn't want to be worshiped.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHallo, Jobert!!
ReplyDeleteHehe. Krystel here. Yeah, your blogs are scattered but at least I was able to find one that's suitable for me to comment on.
BTW, here's the game that our students developed:
http://www.skysenshi.com/2010/05/student-project-mayi.html
Looking forward to our dubbing pics! =^.^=